Looking back over the year past we were lucky enough to meet and work with some fascinating people with big hearts and amazing goals to help others. It was an honor to be able to help in any way possible and we look forward to working with these great organizations again in the coming years!
- Surrey Christmas Bureau, this organization is close to my heart. It hurts me to think of all of the children in our own backyard who may not have a Christmas at all without the help of the Christmas Bureau. I was lucky enough to go and tour the facility with my son (who has a whole lot to be grateful for)that was being used as their headquarters this past Christmas and learn about the behind the scenes operations and all of the hard work that the volunteers put in to make Christmas special for so many families. While they accomplish lot each year it is never enough to meet the demand. If you can help out in 2012 please do, they are happy to accept all donations and even have a used goods store on site where they are always looking for shoes, womens/mens clothing and other items in good used condition.
- Samaritans Purse: Operation Christmas Child. I was introduced to this fantastic program through my sons school this past Christmas and we loved every minute of our involvement! This was a great family project we all worked on together filling shoe boxes to send over to Africa. The whole school took part in the project and provided shoebox gifts to kids who have never known Christmas.
- Canadian Cancer Society.What can I say about the Canadian Cancer Society? Almost everyone I know has been touched by cancer in some way and that is likely the case for you as well. There has been a lot of loss due to cancer in my family and I’ve witnessed first hand the devastating effects Cancer can have on a person even after they’ve undergone treatments. It’s the dedicated and caring staff and volunteers at the Cancer Agency that kept us going through the tough times and the Canadian Cancer Society needs our support to continue to search for a cure and provide the programs to help those who need support.
- Autism BC is another cause that I believe in very strongly. There are too many children being diagnosed with Autism these days and we need to show our support for the programs that are there to assist the kids and their families. Autism is the beneficiary of our Spring Fundraiser each year and we hope to continue to grow the support we have gotten thus far! Thank you for your support and if you are interested in being involved in 2012 contact us!
- Langley Child Development Centre serves families with children who have special needs in Langley City and Township.Langley Child Development Centre is a not-for-profit organization formed by parents and professionals in June 1975. The Society has grown from its original one room preschool serving 15 children to include over 800 children and youth, aged from birth to 19 years. They offer several programs and host annual events to benefit the children they help. Be sure to visit the Annual Langley Toy & Product Fair to show your support in 2012!
- Tuna 4 Training was a great campaign started by Catherine Dawn, owner of FloMotion Fitness and Yoga Studio, after she heard the news that seniors in her very own White Rock neighborhood were starving or eating cat food because they couldn’t afford to buy groceries. Read about more about Tuna 4 Training here!
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice has long been a favorite organization to support. Before the birth of children and the having my world taken over by career and family commitments I used to spend my Sunday afternoons volunteering at the Hospice. Something I plan to resume again in the near future! Canuck Place has a number of events and programs that require volunteers throughout the year, if you have some time click here to volunteer! Canuck Place will be the beneficiary of the upcoming Once Upon a Belly Show as well, go check it out and support a great cause!
- Matthew’s House is an organization that will provide respite for children with life-limiting disabilities. It is the first of its kind in Abbotsford as, within a campus of care, it offers children a safe, welcoming place where they can stay, while allowing their parents time to rest. It will offer long and short term respite based on the needs of individuals and their families.
- Ronald McDonald House BC is a safe, secure home-away-from-home where out-of-town families with seriously ill children can stay while their children receive medical treatment in Vancouver at BC Children’s Hospital.For over 25 years, Ronald McDonald House BC (RMH BC) has been providing accommodation for seriously ill children and their families.
- From one Family to Another is a local organization formed to help out families in the Lower Mainland who are in need. Whether they have lost their home to fire, lost their belongings to robbery or are just going through a tough time they are there to help. They have various drop off locations around the Lower Mainland and are always in need of donations to assist families in need.Find our more about them on Facebook.
There are so many worthy organizations and causes we would love to help them all!