I attended the Healthy Family Expo today with my mom, it was the first year that we have been able to go and I’m really glad we did. There were loads of cool things to see and do and I even discovered a few tasty treats along the way.
I took in the Science World show on the main stage and Emily did some really cool experiments. My favorite was the start of the show when she set off a cannon, it was super cool. I tried convincing my mom that I need a cannon now but she’s not buying it. (I’ll keep working on it)
The Active Kids Zone was one of my favorites and it was the reason I wanted to go to the show.
- There were Giant Hamster Balls that I totally want in my backyard.
- A Rock Climbing wall that I finally made it to the top of and,
- I feel I need a Springfree Trampoline with a basketball hoop right away, they are so much fun and takes my slam dunk style to the next level.
- The Vancouver Tumblebus is really cool as well even though I’m too big to go in it’s still one of my favorite things and I wish I was still able to play in it.
- Timber Child, they make these awesome looking wooden plates and I love the mountain design that I got.
- Cypress Mountain has a really cool summer camp program that I’m hoping to attend this year.
- Tourism Squamish was on site with loads of things to do, one of my favorite trips with my mom is to Squamish every year for the Polar Express at the West Coast Railway Heritage Park at Christmas time. Now we go to snow tube at the Sea to Sky gondola.
- The Great Horned Owl from Raptors Ridge was beautiful and I can’t wait to go on a Hawk Walk with them and see them at Capilano Suspension Bridge this summer.
Those tasty treats that I came across while we were there are:
- Free Yumm Double Chocolate cookies are kick butt and I could eat them all day long.
- Smart Sweets gummy bears were pretty good. They only had seriously sour left when we got there and they are not kidding, they are seriously sour but still good. My mom (and I’m sure all parents) likes that there are only 2 grams of sugar per bag.
- Quesava Kitchen was really good too- we tried the Veggie Poppers and they were quite tasty.
I’m excited to get out and try some of the cool places we discovered today and get my friends out to some camps and adventures with me now that the weather is warming up.
The boy is our resident 11 year old blogger extraordinaire. He loves adventure, animals and Lego. He is passionate about caring for our environment and all of the creatures in it. He is an active Citizen Science Leader, Earth Ranger and Earth Hour Champion. His goal is to visit every corner of every country on earth and surf every ocean.